The Finance Department provides financial services to the Township Council, the Public and Township Departments. Primary responsibilities include:
- providing information, reports, analysis and guidance to Township Council, the Public and Township Departments regarding financial operations of the Township
- establishing, developing and maintaining accounting systems and procedures relating to financial activities for Township operations
- billing and collection of municipal taxes
- preparation of the Township's operating and capital budgets
- processing accounts receivable and accounts payable
- acts a lead Departments relative to the Township's purchasing function
- investing and borrowing of funds
- issue debentures relating to capital projects
- acquiring and maintaining the Township's general insurance policies
- Donation Policy (under construction)
Annual Consolidated Financial Statements
The annual Consolidated Financial Statements of the Township of The Archipelago can be accessed through the links provided below. These statements have been audited by the Township's accounting firm.
Municipal Performance Measurement Program (MPMP)
Cash in Lieu of Parkland
Vendor Payments / Direct Deposit
The Township of The Archipelago now offers the option of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or direct deposit into a bank account for the payment of amounts owed to you by the Township. Direct deposit is a fast and secure method of receiving payment for goods and services.
To begin receiving payment by direct deposit:
- complete the Request for Vendor Payment by Direct Deposit form
- ensure that the form is signed by an authorized company officer(s) or individual(s)
- attach a void cheque
- mail or email the documentation to:
Wendy Hawes, Treasurer
Township of The Archipelago
9 James Street
Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1T4
If you have any questions or concerns regarding direct deposit, please contact the Finance Department.
Paying Your Bills and Donations Online (E-Payments)
Online credit card payments are now available for Property Tax Bills, Accounts Receivable, Building Permits and Donations. A fee of 35 cents per transaction plus 3% of the bill or donation amount will be applied to your credit card.
Accounts Receivable: You will need a valid accounts receivable invoice number in order to use this service.
Building Permits: You must have a valid invoice number in order to use this service.
Skerryvore Pavillion Donations: You must state your name, address and phone number.
Sans Souci Copperhead Association Donations: You must state your name, address and phone number.