Large Item Disposal
- Crane Lake
- Devil's Elbow
- Healey Lake
- Sheep Head
- Woods Bay
Please Note: That effective November 5th, 2019, the scrap metal and the wood/furniture bins have been removed from the Woods Bay Transfer Station for the winter season. They will be placed back in the spring. In the interim, ratepayers can dispose of these types of items at the Healey Lake Transfer Station.
For a detailed list of items that can be dropped of at these sites, please see Accepted Items and Fees.
Large Item Disposal Days
The Township also schedules free large item disposal days for residents located in the northern portion of The Archipelago in the Bayfield, Pointe au Baril and Skerryvore neighbourhoods.
e.g. tables, chairs, couches, portable cabinets, portable book shelves, beds and dressers
e.g. barbeques, chairs, picnic tables, umbrellas, lawnmowers and garden tractors (oil and fuel removed)
e.g. paddleboards, laser sailboats, canoes, kayaks
e.g. cooking stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers
- household waste
- blue box recycling materials
- containers of gas, oil, paint etc.
- propane tanks
- tools and/or equipment
- batteries and/or cell phones
- automobiles or recreational vehicles, in whole or in part
- boats, in whole or in part, including outboards
- small equipment and/or tools
- old sheds, dog houses etc.
- electronics e.g. televisions, computers, printers, satellite receivers
- small appliances and equipment e.g. microwaves, toasters, portable heaters, humidifiers
- construction waste e.g. drywall, plywood, windows, doors, plumbing and electrical items