Large Item Disposal
- Crane Lake
- Devil's Elbow
- Healey Lake
- Sheep Head
- Woods Bay
For a detailed list of items that can be dropped of at these sites, please see Accepted Items and Fees.
Large Item Disposal Days
The Township also schedules free large item disposal days for residents located in the northern portion of The Archipelago in the Bayfield, Pointe au Baril and Skerryvore neighbourhoods.
Large Item Disposal Days at the Bayfield Landing Dock will take place on:
- Sunday, June 27th: 9:00 am - 4:00pm
- Sunday, August 8th: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Important: Due to COVID-19, social distancing requirements must be respected and no staff assistance can be provided. Please ensure you bring helpers with you to assist you with offloading large or heavy items.
For information regarding acceptable items, please click on "Accepted Items" and "Items Not Accepted" below.
Thank you and please maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres from staff and other residents.
Road access residents are reminded that they can drop off their large items at the Site 9 Landfill on these dates. Large items may be dropped off at Site 9 during all its scheduled hours of operation.
Large Item Disposal Days at the Pointe au Baril Wharf will take place on:
- Saturday, June 26th: 9:00 am - 4:00pm
- Saturday, August 7th: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
e.g. tables, chairs, couches, portable cabinets, portable book shelves, beds and dressers
e.g. barbeques, chairs, picnic tables, umbrellas, lawnmowers and garden tractors (oil and fuel removed)
e.g. paddleboards, laser sailboats, canoes, kayaks
e.g. cooking stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers
- household waste
- blue box recycling materials
- containers of gas, oil, paint etc.
- propane tanks
- tools and/or equipment
- batteries and/or cell phones
- automobiles or recreational vehicles, in whole or in part
- boats, in whole or in part, including outboards
- small equipment and/or tools
- old sheds, dog houses etc.
- electronics e.g. televisions, computers, printers, satellite receivers
- small appliances and equipment e.g. microwaves, toasters, portable heaters, humidifiers
- construction waste e.g. drywall, plywood, windows, doors, plumbing and electrical items